Unlock 5.0: The Government of India, on Wednesday, issued new guidelines for the ‘re-opening’ of cinema halls/ multiplexes/ swimming pools used for training of sportspersons /entertainment parks. As per new rules, these establishments will re-open from October 15. State governments have been given the flexibility to decide about the opening of schools and educational institutes after October 15.
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry said that Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes will be permitted to open with up to 50 percent of their seating capacity, for which, standard operating procedures (SOPs) will be issued by the ministry, the Government of India said in its latest guidelines.
The government said that for the re-opening of schools and coaching institutions, the state government has been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15. Parental consent has been made mandatory for asking pupils to come to schools, the new guidelines further said.
Here are some important guidelines for Unlock 5.0:
- Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes will be permitted to open with up to 50% of their seating capacity, for which, SOP will be issued by the I&B Ministry.
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations have already been permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons, outside COVID19 containment zones only: Government of India
- States Govts have been given the flexibility to take a decision for re-opening of schools, coaching centers, and educational institutions after 15th October. Parental consent will be required for the same.
- Business to Business (B2B) Exhibitions will be permitted to open, for which, SOP will be issued by the Department of Commerce.
- Swimming pools being used for training of sportspersons will be permitted to open, for which the standard operating procedure (SOP) will be issued by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MoYA&S).
- Entertainment parks and similar places will be permitted to open, for which the SOP will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW).
Opening of Schools, colleges, educational institutions, and coaching institutions
- For the re-opening of schools and coaching institutions, State/ UT Governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15, 2020, in a graded manner. The decision shall be taken in consultation with the respective school/ institution management, based on their assessment of the situation, and subject to the following conditions:
- Online/ distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.
- Where schools are conducting online classes, and some students prefer to attend online classes rather than physically attend school, they may be permitted to do so.
- Students may attend schools/ institutions only with the written consent of parents.
- Attendance must not be enforced and must depend entirely on parental consent.
- States /UTs will prepare their own SOP regarding health and safety precautions for reopening of schools/ institutions based on the SOP to be issued by the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL), Ministry of Education, Government of India, keeping local requirements in view.
- Schools, which are allowed to open, will have to mandatorily follow the SOP to be issued by Education Departments of States/ UTs.
- Department of Higher Education (DHE), Ministry of Education may take a decision on the timing of the opening of Colleges/ Higher Education Institutions, in consultation with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), based on the assessment of the situation. Online/ distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.
Meanwhile, lockdown will continue to be strictly implemented in containment zones.